Welcome to LAPWINGCONSERVATION.ORG
A new online resource for conserving Northern Lapwing
This website will be launched soon.
The platform is adressed to scientists, conservationists as well as farmers and other stakeholders involved in the conservation of Northern Lapwings (Vanellus vanellus). It aims at giving both the necessary background information as well as practical advice for a better protection of the species in Europe and will be updated on a regular basis.
LAPWINGCONSERVATION.ORG is hosted by NABU/Birdlife Germany as part of the Lapwing project "Sympathieträger Kiebitz" within the national programme on biodiversity in Germany.
• Northern Lapwings are of conservation concern throughout their breeding range.
• Knowledge about lapwing conservation is scattered over numerous books, papers, leaflets, reports etc.
• The development of an online platform integrating all aspects of lapwing conservation was initiated, following a workshop during the 2017 International Wader Study Group conference in Prague.
Improved lapwing conservation through:
• Information exchange
• Building a lapwing research and conservation network
• Raising public awareness
• Practical conservationists
• Farmers and other stakeholders
• The Public
• General biological background information
• Latest scientific findings
• Conservation / Case studies
• Practical advice
• National, regional and local contacts
• News, media, announcements of events
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The submission of various contents (reviews, articles, summaries of publications, etc.) is open to everyone. All submissions will go through a review process before getting published on the website.
If you would like to publish any sort of contents related to Lapwing conservation, please get in touch with Jan Sohler/NABU (webmaster).
This website is financed by the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation with funds of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety as well as funds of the Ministry of Energy, Agriculture, Environment, Nature and Digitalization of Schleswig-Holstein and the Hanns R. Neumann Foundation.